2021年3月21日日曜日

My interpretation of Chicago's popular song "Hard to say I am sorry"

"Hard to say I am sorry" is the one of the most popular songs of Chicago.
This song was released in 1982 and charted at the top in US. Billboard.


I used to listen to this song since then but recently, I have just found that the general interpretation of this song has been completely different from what I though for a long time.

Generally, this song is regarded as the song describing the broken heart of the young guy whose girl friend broke up the relationship with him.

See the below lyrics of this song.
=======================

Everybody needs a little time away
I heard her say
From each other
Even lovers need a holiday
Far away from each other
Hold me now
It's hard for me to say I'm sorry
I just want you to stay
After all that we've been through
I will make it up to you
I promise to
And after all that's been said and done
You're just a part of me I can't let go
Couldn't stand to be kept away
Just for the day
From your body
Wouldn't want to be swept away
Far away from the one that I love
Hold me now
It's hard for me to say I'm sorry
I just want you to know
Hold me now
I really want to tell you I'm...
==========================

I used to think this is the song which describes the sadness of the elderly guy whose wife recently passed away.
I am so wondering why nobody has interpretated this song from this perspective.
My interpretation is wrong ???? 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿